Good morning colleagues and hope you are well and prepared for the onslaught over the next few weeks. The *AccessAbility Project has introduced two new social media accounts to support our outreach. This will hopefully enable anybody interested in disability/dyslexia/mental health in higher education (not just University of Greenwich) to access relevant and topical information. People can also pose questions. Whilst the initial thought was to provide information for prospective disabled students, we thought it would be a good opportunity to create a community of practice. We would benefit from having other university students, graduates, parents, researchers, practitioners, lecturers, etc. contribute to the posts and discussion – including international folks.

Please forward this info to people who might find the info useful. we follow a number of organisations and individuals but if you have any recommendations, please let me know. the groups are very new, so the more followers we have, the merrier.

safeguarding wise, all Facebook posts have to be approved to ensure our followers feel physically and psychologically safe

Facebook   University of Greenwich - STAART

Twitter         @GRE_STAART

thank you for your time, and ensure you have plenty of chocolate to hand over the next few weeks

best wishes

melanie

Dr. Melanie Thorley

*AccessAbility Project Co-ordinator

D11851-14 ACCESS T SHIRT2 2755                       cid:image003.png@01D1A6CA.BDC4A200

Directorate of Communications and Recruitment University of Greenwich

F006

Southwood Campus

University of Greenwich

Avery Hill Road

London

SE9 2UG

07931 226599

Twitter        @GRE_STAART

Facebook     University of Greenwich_STAART

I usually work Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 11-6.

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by guarantee, registered in England (reg. no. 986729). Registered office: Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9LS.