“This should also have been picked up by the funding body in the DSA2 letter.”

It is – SFE doc clearly states – WARNING: the amount of support requested in the NAR will exceed the agreed amount of money. (or very similar).

Not good, IMHO.

Regards, Tony

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lesley Morrice
Sent: 07 September 2016 17:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: DSA equipment overspend for SFE students.

Ah!  The student can give permission to the funding body to use any remaining amounts in the General Allowance to cover any shortfall in either NMH or Equipment - so that might be an option.  If this is still not sufficient, then the Assessor/Assessment Centre should have taken this into account at assessment as we know that there is no provision for funding bodies funding elements that go over the maximum amounts available.  This should also have been picked up by the funding body in the DSA2 letter.

Regards, Lesley