My interpretation of the email they sent is  that if People Plus do have consent, then it is only for them to be able to share the data they have about the customer with you. There is no mention of the consent including you giving People Plus any data, because the wording is too vague – “…allows People Plus to contact future employers for this purpose”.

Without seeing the consent form signed by the customer it’s impossible to tell whether it also include consent for you as the employer to provide data back to People Plus, so I would stick to my guns and ask to see a copy of the consent that was given.

Alternatively, contact the member of staff and ask for their consent yourself if they are employed with you.

Best wishes,

Michelle

Michelle Peel

Information Manager

Transport for Greater Manchester

2 Piccadilly Place, Manchester M1 3BG

Direct line: 0161 244 1123, Extension 701123

www.tfgm.com

Please do not print this email unless you really need to.