Dear colleagues,

See below.

All the best,
Pat

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:56:45 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Launch of IGU Gender Commission Young and Emerging Scholars Taskforce
To: [log in to unmask]

Apologies for Cross-posting.

Dear Colleagues,

In mid-July, the IGU’s Gender Commission launched it Young and Emerging Scholars Taskforce (YES!). The launch took place during the International Conference on Feminist Geographies and Intersectionality at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Catalunya. YES! outlined its primary goals to create a strong community of early career feminist scholars. Our intent is to use the taskforce to build a platform for networking, sharing and peer-peer mentoring, while also connecting to the resources of established feminist geographers who can be mentors and allies for early career feminist geographers.

As part of our efforts, we combined this introduction with a brief survey of attendees interested in YES! In particular we asked participants about their life and career goals, aspirations, and challenges as early career feminist scholars. If you’d like to participate in the survey, please visit the following URL link:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JYSYFQ8. If you would like to learn more about YES! please contact our co-Chairs Caroline Faria ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Kamalini Ramdas ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Yours in feminist solidarity,
Kamalini, Caroline, Milena, Laura and Annie
YES! Members

Dr. Kamalini Ramdas
Lecturer
Department of Geography