#yiv4919976353 #yiv4919976353 -- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv4919976353 Dear All,

It is my great pleasure, to introduce our colleagues at the Open Source Geospatial Lab [1] of University of Zagreb, Croatia as our “Geo4All” lab of the month.  The OSGeo lab is run by the Faculty of Geodesy and lead by Dražen Tutić. The University of Zagreb  (established in 1669) is the oldest and biggest university in South-Eastern Europe. It consists of 33 faculties, academies and the Centre for Croatian Studies. With its comprehensive programmes and over 72,000 students it is the strongest teaching institution in Croatia.

I first met Dražen Tutić , Miljenko Lapaine and other colleagues when I visited Zagreb for the 10th Jubilee  Cartography and Geoinformation International conference for delivering a keynote presentation on“The Importance of Openness in Geospatial Education and Research”. That visit helped me to get a good understanding of the amazing work Dražen and colleagues were doing. It is really great to see thier expansion in just 2 year's time. I thank Dražen Tutić for providing all the background information and photos of the activities of the lab which is summarized in this article.

Details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/09/geo4all-lab-of-the-month-university-of-zagreb-croatia/

We will have more details are other updates in our Geo4All monthly newsletter later athttp://www.geoforall.org/newsletters/

The Geo for All lab in University of Zagreb, Croatia welcomes collaborations from all interested and for making contributions to the wider society.

On behalf of the Geo4All community, we thank Dražen Tutić and all colleagues at the Zagreb lab for their contributions to the Geo4All initiative and look forward to working and building more collaborations with all interested on this education mission.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand

http://www.geoforall.org/
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/suchith-anand-6447b42
https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=2L29q_QAAAAJ&hl=en

Geo for All - Building and expanding Open Geospatial Science

[1] http://www.geof.unizg.hr/mod/book/view.php?id=1165