Just another reminder …….. please circulate!

**Register for CHAT 2016 now!**

**Check out the draft programme**

Contemporary and Historical Archaeology in Theory (CHAT) conference 2016

21-23 October

Theme: RURALITY

Place: Orkney, Scotland

Venue: Orkney Theatre

Info: http://chat-arch.org/

Enquiries: [log in to unmask]

Download a registration form and draft programme from the CHAT website (http://chat-arch.org/ ). Registration closes 7th October. We have a great line up including themed plenary sessions, film night and 3M_DO discussion. We also have exhibitions, installations and videos in the theatre foyer, and poster presentations.

Fieldtrips: Why not get here a bit early?

Thursday 20th (all day) – Alternative tour of Orkney West Mainland (free, book on registration form)

Friday 21st (am) - Kirkwall walk (free, no booking required)

Halls accommodation is nearly full, so best check with us first for availability ([log in to unmask]).

Accommodation information: http://visitorkney.com/accommodation and http://www.orkneyislands.info/ .

Travel information, getting to Orkney:  http://visitorkney.com/getting-here .

Cheers,

Dan

Dan Lee

Lifelong Learning & Outreach Archaeologist

Archaeology Institute

University of the Highlands and Islands

Orkney College

Kirkwall

Orkney

KW15 1LX

01856  569214

Web: http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/archaeology-institute

Blog: https://archaeologyorkney.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @UHIArchaeology

https://uhi.academia.edu/DanielLee

https://archaeologistsinresidence.wordpress.com/

**CHAT 2016: 'Rurality' 21-23 Oct, Orkney http://chat-arch.org/**

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------