FINAL REMINDER - sent on behalf of the AMPRAW conveners - with apologies for cross-posting

DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS: Friday 2nd September 2016

SIXTH ANNUAL MEETING OF POSTGRADUATES IN THE RECEPTION OF THE ANCIENT WORLD

Oxford, 12-13 December 2016

CALL FOR PAPERS on the theme of 'Displacement'

We are excited to announce that the Sixth Annual Meeting of Postgraduates in the Reception of the Ancient World (AMPRAW) will be held this year at the University of Oxford.
AMPRAW is an interdisciplinary conference which explores the impact of the classical world in literature, art, music, history, drama and popular culture. Our theme this year is 'displacement'.

The title suggests the intrinsic impossibility of reconstructing and retaining original meanings without creating and overlaying new ones. In the very act of placing a classical text or myth into translation, adaptation, work of art or performance, a displacement always occurs.

Dr. Constanze Güthenke (Corpus Christi, Oxford) will be a guest respondent.

Those wishing to present a paper of 20 minutes should please submit an abstract of up to 200 words outlining the proposed subject of their discussion to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Friday 2nd September.

We also welcome displays of practice based research. Please include details of your current course of study, supervisor and academic institution. We would welcome papers on any topic relating to 'displacement' in the reception of the ancient world. Further information about the conference is available at https://amprawoxford.wordpress.com/ and more details will be announced later in the year.

Any queries, please email the conveners at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Archive of list messages may be found at:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/classicsgrads
Visit the same site to change your subscription settings.
All queries regarding the list should be directed to: