Van: Dale Tronrud<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Verzonden: vrijdag 16 september 2016 20:26
Aan: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Onderwerp: Re: [ccp4bb] help for deposition

   Since no one else seems to have responded to your query I'll give it
a try.

   Yes, you will have a problem justifying having a free set that covers
43% of your data.  Considering that you appear to have about 20000
reflections you should be able to get by with the default test set size
of 5%.  10% is the biggest test set size that I've seen used routinely.
A rule-of-thumb is to aim for at least 1000 reflections in your test
set, as long as the percentage size doesn't get too large.

   I don't know of any software that will mark 40% of data with a free
flag.  Something went terribly wrong when you performed this step.  You
should go back and verify each step of your data reduction.

   I think you will find that your refinement will go better when you
actually use more of your data.

Dale Tronrud