Hello.

First, I think you might find the Suns Search tool helpful (the link to the tool and associated information is this: http://degradolab.org/suns/). The tool is authored by the DeGrado group, and is available as a PyMOL plugin. It might be helpful in identifying any other similar interactions that occur in other biological assemblies in the PDB.

Second, the CaPTURE tool (available for use online: http://capture.caltech.edu/) is built to identify cation-pi interactions. I don't know enough about the tool to know whether it will recognize the adenine ring, but anyway, the associated publication (http://www.pnas.org/content/96/17/9459.abstract) and the literature related to it might give you more insight.

Wish you well,

Emily.