Dear All,

We have an open postdoc position in our Lead Discovery department at Bayer in Berlin. All details can be found in the job advertisement under the following link:

http://www.karriere.bayer.de/en/job/PostDoc-in-Protein-Structural-Biology-m-f--0000175016.html

Please submit your application at www.myBayerjob.de quoting the Reference Code: 0000175016

With best wishes,

Simon Holton

PostDoc in Protein Structural Biology (m/f)

YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

• Responsibility for molecular cloning, expression, purification and reconstitution of protein complexes and/or membrane proteins, including preparation of samples for subsequent structural analysis by cryo-EM

• Characterization of structural integrity and functionality of proteins and protein complexes by using a variety of biochemical and biophysical techniques

• Participation in all stages of the structure determination process from target selection through to model interpretation

• Collaboration in interdisciplinary teams from structural biology and computational chemistry within and outside the organization

• Presenting the results in international meetings as well as publishing them in peer-reviewed Journals

WHO YOU ARE

• PhD in biochemistry/biophysics or related subject

• Proven expertise and track record in the production of proteins (preferably membrane proteins) and the reconstitution of functional protein complexes for structural biology

• Experience in structural biology (e.g. cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography) is desirable

• Ability to work and communicate within interdisciplinary and international collaborations

• Willingness to drive challenging scientific projects in an independent and creative manner

• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills

YOUR APPLICATION

This is a 2 years fixed-term position available from 01.01.2017.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and support both individual and

professional development. Applications for this position should be made online at

www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary

expectation.

Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health

care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and

improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture

where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to

change.

Dr. Simon Holton

Structural Biology

________________________

Bayer: Science For A Better Life

Pharmaceuticals Division

Bayer Pharma Aktiengesellschaft

BPH-DD-CGEI-LDB-SB, Structural Biology

Building S110, 708

13342 Berlin, Germany

Tel:         +49 30 468 193724

Fax:        +49 30 468 993724

Mobile:

E-mail:    [log in to unmask]

Web:       http://www.bayer.com

Vorstand: Dieter Weinand, Vorsitzender | Christoph Bertram

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hartmut Klusik

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin | Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 283 B