From: Amir Khan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Registration OPEN - X-ray data processing - Training Day, London - Nov 14-15, 2016
Date: August 2, 2016 at 4:18:26 PM GMT+1
To: Amir Khan <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone

This is to inform you that registration is now open for the following ‘Training day’:

De-Mystifying X-ray Data Processing in Macromolecular Crystallography
Charles Darwin House, London
Nov 14-15, 2016

As the organizer, I  invite you to attend this
training event that offers a hands-on workshop to
help you understand and optimize diffraction data in
order to enable structure determination.

This training is especially useful for early-stage
PhD students, but we invite anyone interested in
understanding better the key step of 'data
reduction' to consider this introductory-level
course.

Discussion topics covered will include:
- crystals, lattices, point and space groups
- diffraction and the Ewald sphere
- Indexing and space group determination
- scaling, mosaicity, anisotropy, twinning
- XDS, MOSFLM and DIALS

The training event will be delivered by leading software developers
and experts in the field who will mentor participants, including Karine
Rower (Berlin), Phil Evans (MRC Cambridge), Bill Shepard (SOLEIL),
Harry Powell (MRC Cambridge, UK), Kay Diederichs (Konstanz) and
Graeme Winter (Diamond).

Kind regards,

Amir Khan
Trinity College Dublin