I gave that a try, and ran into trouble also.
The generate_1KDF.inp script needs coordinate_infile="1KDF_mod"
which doesn't seem to exist anywhere in the tree.
Maybe it is supposed to be created from 1KDF.pdb, but that
didn't happen following the tutorial instructions.
If yo don't get generate to produce the .mtf, then
nothing else is going to work right.

The file that you need to edit and run is given as changeScritpsDir.sh,
but the file is actually changeScriptsDir.sh -- pretty obvious I guess
but it suggests the tutorial wasn't carefully tested by copying and pasting the
commands into a shell.
good luck,
eab