Dear List,

Nicholas Johnson has asked me to forward on to the list a  copy of a poster and some press notes for  the next Black Huts Festival that is due to take place in Hastings from 26 – 30 October. The notes are pasted below; the poster is attached.

With best wishes,

John

Fifth Black Huts Festival

October 26-30  Hastings

Film maker Timothy Neat returns to document Hastings and Black Huts, and to show The Day of the Mountain.

Poetry is abundant. Join homages to Perthshire bard Hamish Henderson, Black Mountain poet Robert Creeley and Basil Bunting’s Briggflatts, with poets, lyricists, song poets, and an afternoon of Homer in Stuart Montgomery’s complete reading of Circe!

He joins poets Maggie O'Sullivan, Tom Pickard, Jennifer Dorn, John James, Nicholas Johnson.

Grasscut join the poets in concert, the bold tradition of English transcendentalism.

There’s puppetry and a reading by Blurt's Ted Milton, There’s Rebecca Marshall’s film on a Siberian hermit, The 6th finger which the other 10 obey. And there is a basket of surprises from Gallivant filmmaker, Andrew Kötting.

Film painter Roland Jarvis and documentary genius John Krish are remembered. Krish worked with Humphrey Jennings and Kevin Brownlow edited Krish’s I Think They Call Him John.

There’s a film from Cornish filmmaker, Mark Jenkin, The Midnight Drives. Oscar winner Kevin Brownlow opens the festival with his film Winstanley. Singer Alasdair Roberts closes it with a concert.

Nichola Bruce made the film I Could Read The Sky with poet Dermot Healy. At Black Huts she premieres her film poem Perihelion : culled from a 35 year archive of Hastings’ exuberant life. A lurching fishing boat race - buckets of water slung over scraggled children in bunting streamed boats- an old fishing boat at full steam with a water skier angled behind - skinny ribbed boys jumping off the harbour arm and swimming to shore.

Nicholas Johnson

For more info visit www.bullguard.com