Maybe not. I can only say that the majority of the successful (some big-scale) new young poets I come across up here or get to hear of (Kim Moore , Steve Ely, William Letford, Andrew McMillan... and a lot of others whose names I can't remember and didn't interest me) seem to be if not actual working-class (indeed I did use the term very loosely) very distant from the middle-class snooty stiff-lipped in-charge type which David mentioned. Maybe those who had local accents (which was all of them) gave me a distorted impression.
P.