I somehow get the feeling that it's not my day ...

Yeah, it's a completely open site, at least for the selected transcriptions, though not for the scanned texts they're based on ...

Technically the umbrella for a set of universities is the Text Creation Partnership ...

Ah, I won't go into details ...

Actually, you're probably lucky as the version which I'll now have to find somewhere on my computer is a damn sight more readable than the TCP version.

That's one problem with the TCP allegedly digitised text -- at the best, they're fine, at the worst, they're virtually useless if you don't have access to the originals.  I'm OK when it comes to pre-1700 texts, since I'm a paid-up member of the Renaissance Society of America, and one of the benefits is access to EEBO.  Which was the only reason I joined, to be honest.  But when it comes to 18thC texts, I'm still screwed.

Right, should backchannel you the goods anon.

Cheers,

Robin