I don't think it makes any difference. I have material in an archive,
because someone wanted it to be there.  I do not expect to have any
control over the future, it will do whatever it wants to with my work,
whether there's an archive or not. And no archive is safe:  it could
all be destroyed at any time. The power structure could ban any of us
from being reprinted and chuck our archives out of the library as
being unworthy of study because immoral or eurocentric or irreligious
or whatever.
Pr