Welcome everyone - new and existing members - to the Assistive
Technology Network for session 2016/17.

It's been really heartening to see the Network being used so well for
it's purpose. Thanks for all the interesting and lively posts; I know my
practice has benefited from this rich information source. We now have
over 200 members - so there is obviously a strong interest in all things
AT 'out there', or rather here!

This year will see us push forward with the AT Steering Group - a date
to meet will be winging its way to those have expressed an interest
soon. Once the steering group is up and running we hope to have a
Wordpress blog and Twitter account for you to contribute to should this
appeal.

Margaret McKay from Jisc has been kindly beavering away organizing a
webinar for the Network which should be helpful to many. We hope you can
join us for this on the 26th Oct which focuses on exploring alternative
ways to access alternative formatting. Here is a quick summary of the
session:

Accessing information in the appropriate accessible format is an
entitlement, yet doing so can often be problematic for students and for
staff supporting them, placing them at unreasonable disadvantage. Whilst
institutions have a legal responsibility to produce information and
course content in accessible formats, there are often difficulties in
procuring accessible versions of information and course material that
have not been ‘digitally born’.  There are a number of services
available to support staff in doing so and some options will be explored
during this lunchtime session.

To book please click on the link below:

http://events.collegedevelopmentnetwork.ac.uk/events/show/5852

And finally, we really want the Network to be creative and user led. If
you have any ideas or requests for training or other please let us know.
We have suppliers in the background who would love to meet your AT needs
either through webinars or direct training.

Kind regards

Claire

Claire Guthrie
Senior Lecturer - Learning Support
North Hanover St
City of Glasgow College

0141 566 4297

City of Glasgow College | Scottish Charity Number SCO36198 | VAT Number
59677128

DISCLAIMER :- This email, together with any attachments, may be
confidential and the subject of legal privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender of this email immediately,
disclose or use the content in any way. City of Glasgow College does not
accept any legal responsibility of liability (including in negligence)
for the contents of this communication, nor does it endorse or accept
any personal views represented herein. Email communications may be
subject to interception by third parties or possible data corruption and
City of Glasgow College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the
content of communications altered after transmission from the college
network.