Dear Lawrence and colleagues

I would expect that a number of archive services will have undertaken an analysis of their audiences, particularly if they have made a funding application to the Heritage Lottery Fund and completed an Activity Plan. Audience development work includes the analysis of the current audience for your service, as a basis for planning how you will develop your audiences (e.g. numbers, segments, level of use etc) in the future. You would look at your current audiences, analyse the types of people using and not using your services and identify any barriers to use of your service . This would then help you to assess the potential to develop new audiences and to design the strategies and programmes which will attract these users.

This is a brief overview which I hope you will find useful. I'm happy to talk this through with you or any other colleagues further as this is part of the planning we have undertaken for a range of archive services.

Regards

Janice
Archive and Heritage Consultants

Janice Tullock Associates Limited