Dear Colleagues

Please forward this to any interested individuals.

Records Officer – Digital Asset Management

Conservation and Collection Care, Collections Management

Hampton Court Palace

Temporary – eleven months, full time

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle. We are making a significant investment in the digital transformation of our business with new digital asset management and document management systems and are looking for someone to support the establishment of the standards, particularly metadata, controlled vocabulary and file paths to deliver industry-standard practices of records management.

This is a unique opportunity to use your taxonomy and metadata expertise, together with your training skills to help support the management of the digital information for some of the greatest palaces ever built.  You will handle a huge range of digital media assets, including images, videos and published documents that relate to the history and development of these amazing palaces. As part of a wider information management programme you will deliver a quality service to anyone creating or accessing our digital assets management system (DAM).

A big part of your work will be writing guidance, delivering training and promoting the principles and practices of industry standard management of digital assets to staff across HRP.

To meet a challenge like this, you will have proven experience in records management, ideally gained in a heritage, museum, gallery or library environment. Knowledge of metadata and cataloguing are essential too. What’s more, you should have great time-management skills, a customer-focused approach, good attention to detail and a genuine interest in our conservation work.

Although based at Hampton Court Palace, there will be an occasional requirement to work at other palaces.

Closing date:         18 September 2016

Pay Range:            8 - £28,688 (pro rata)

Find out more and apply by visiting www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from candidates regardless of their background.

Many thanks

Rebecca

Rebecca Wallace

Registrar

Historic Royal Palaces

Conservation and Collections Care, Collections Management

Apt 37a Hampton Court Palace, Surrey, KT8 9AU

T +44 (0)20 3166 6449

M +44 (0)7580 312700

www.hrp.org.uk

Facebook |Twitter | YouTube

Historic Royal Palaces is an independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle. We help everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built. We raise all our own funds and depend on the support of our visitors, members, donors, sponsors and volunteers.

This email is confidential and intended exclusively for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Historic Royal Palaces or Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this e-mail or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender and then delete the message and any attachments from your system.
This message has been checked before being sent for all known viruses by Sophos AntiVirus software. However please note that no responsibility for viruses is taken and it is your responsibility to scan this message and any attachments.
Historic Royal Palaces and Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited reserve the right to monitor e-mails in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852), correspondence details, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Ltd, a company registered in England (No 3418583) registered office Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU