Apologies for cross posting.

The University of Bristol School of Social and Community Medicine offers a comprehensive short course programme. We are delighted to announce that places are available on our informatics courses running in October 2016:

Data Linkage
(2 days 17-18 October 2016)
This course aims to provide a basic understanding of the research value and uses of linking to routine health and administrative records. The course will focus on describing which data are available and on providing an oversight of how to interpret these data in a secondary context.

DataSHIELD User*
(Half day course 20 October, morning)
DataSHIELD permits privacy-protected (disclosure-shielded) analysis of data from a single study, or from several sources/studies simultaneously. It can be used when data are particularly sensitive because of important governance constraints or concerns about losing control of intellectual property. This course aims to introduce users to the DataSHIELD software, understand how DataSHIELD enables privacy-protected data analysis and learn how to analyse data using the  DataSHIELD software.

DataSHIELD Technical*
(Half day course 20 October, afternoon)
This course is intended for technical staff who manage study data and will implement / maintain DataSHIELD for use by research staff in their organisation.

*Attendees of DataSHIELD User or Technical courses may also book onto our DataSHIELD Introduction to R course:

Introduction to R
(1 day 19 October)
This course aims to introduce the statistical software package R, focusing on providing the starting point needed to exploit R’s huge potential for statistical analysis. Note: An additional Introduction to R course, open to all, is also available on 14th November.

Please visit our website http://www.bris.ac.uk/social-community-medicine/shortcourse  for further details and online bookings.

Thank you.

SIGNOFF allstat