Dear SPMers,

We performed an experiment on readers and pre-readers with speech and
print conditions. On second level analysis we computed null conjunction
for the 2 contrast in each group (one sample t-test) which produced
significant activation in readers while not in pre-readers. However,
when the paper was sent to review one of the reviewers wanted us “to
compute the conjunction of print and speech on the first level and put
these contrasts into a 2-sample t-test on the second-level”.

However we came across some difficulties. If we save thresholded SPM map
from each subject when performing null conjunction in SPM contrast
manager and feed these maps to 2^nd level the model cannot be estimated
and there is an error saying “there are no inmask voxels” (even though
we used very lenient p<0.05 uncorrected threshold for the 1st level
conjunction). Is there a better way of doing multisubject conjunction?

Thank you in advance,

Marek

--
Marek Wypych PhD