On 14/08/2016 07:17 PM, Alastair Wilson wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Does anyone know anything about one Ernest Remnant, please?  He was the editor of the English Review 1923-31 and he came to "dine and sleep" at Bateman's in February 1925.  The Wikipedia entry for the 'English Review' mentions him, but there is no separate entry for him, or not that I can find. He doesn't appear in the biographies of RK, nor in the 'Letters'.  He does appear in Who's Who, bur his entry is pretty sparse:  the only comment I can make is that, judging by the Wiki entry for the 'English Review', which speaks of it becoming more right-wing political under Remnant's editorship,.his politics chimed with Kipling's.

    Alastair Wilson

--
Twitter: @alycett1
Website: http://www.andrewlycett.co.uk/