Does anyone know anything about one Ernest Remnant, please?  He was the
editor of the English Review 1923-31 and he came to "dine and sleep" at
Bateman's in February 1925.  The Wikipedia entry for the 'English
Review' mentions him, but there is no separate entry for him, or not
that I can find. He doesn't appear in the biographies of RK, nor in the
'Letters'.  He does appear in /Who's Who, /bur his entry is pretty
sparse:  the only comment I can make is that, judging by the Wiki entry
for the 'English Review', which speaks of it becoming more right-wing
political under Remnant's editorship,.his politics chimed with Kipling's.

/Alastair Wilson/