Registrations are now open for the second event in The Data Dialogue series: When Research Crosses Borders, taking place on September 29th in Oxford.

Event Page: http://www.ses.ac.uk/data-dialogue/

In an increasingly globalised world, research is reaching beyond geographical borders, raising questions on the methods, laws, and possibilities in moving or sharing data internationally. As the volume and type of data we create becomes more varied, sensitive, and complex, we need to ask: what are our own responsibilities as professional researchers collecting data overseas? Who is ultimately accountable for data produced with foreign partners? What happens when national laws and policy differ dramatically? May strategies be usefully shared within or across disciplines? We are pleased to invite Early Career Researchers, Academics, and Support Staff to research projects with an international sharing focus.

Join us at The University of Oxford to hear from key speakers from the UK’s international research landscape and join a discussion amongst peers with tangible experience in accessing, sharing, and managing data across borders. We're pleased to announce speakers working in fields of Health Sciences/Medicine, Climate Change & the Environment, Criminology, Security, and Migration, accross Africa, Asia, the US and Europe.

This event offers researchers the opportunity to network in a cross disciplinary, cross institutional environment, and bring real, case-by-case problems of data management to a cross-disciplinary forum, with a focus on sharing research in an international environment.  Our previous event, Time to Share, was hosted last month at The University of Cambridge and we'd love to invite researchers, staff, and students from across the UK on September 29th.

If you'd like to know more about the first event, please do read Stijn Michielse's blog post (http://www.ses.ac.uk/2016/08/18/guest-post-indeed-time-share/).

Limited places are available to researchers from non-SES institutions, so register soon!