I recently had an query from our Research Ethics Committee about ownership and access to PhD theses data. What happens if there is a query about the underlying data, once a student has left and their PhD is made open access?
How do they contact the author? Where is the data stored, can they access it? Etc.

I would be interested to hear how others are already (or planning to) tackle open access to PhD theses data.  Are theses data being deposited in an appropriate repository?  How and where does one record it and monitor it? What do people do with data on cd's etc deposited alongside theses?

Many thanks,

Catharine

Catharine Bailey
Research Data Manager
T +44(0)1895 267697 | E [log in to unmask]
orcid.org/0000-0003-3311-8673

Brunel University London
Library
Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom
T +44(0)1895 274000
www.brunel.ac.uk
Connect with the University on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram