Following on from Robin’s post on data deposit checklists…

We also have a data deposit checklist on our web site:  https://webcmspreview.kcl.ac.uk/library/researchsupport/research-data-management/DepositPublishPromote/Deposit-your-data-with-Kings.aspx

And we also provide quite a lot of information/guidance on the metadata capture form we ask researchers to fill in when they submit data for deposit. We are also planning to upload a decision tree/process chart based on the checklist as well.

It is early days for us but we anticipate that there will always be a certain amount of back and forth between us and the researchers before we have enough metadata of sufficient quality. So for we haven’t had to chase researchers for more info – they usually get back to us for clarification if there is something they are unclear about, but this could be because our service is new and we are working with researchers who have taken an active interest in, and are supportive of, what we are trying to achieve with the RDM service.

Wayne Peters

Research Support Officer (Data)

Research Data Management Team
Library Services