Archive storage isn't the sexiest business. That is, unless those archives
contain recordings of virtually all of MTV's decades-worth of broadcasts.

The network, which is owned by Viacom, has begun digitizing old VHS tapes
that contain everything from interviews and live performances over the
course of MTV's 35 years, according to Bloomberg. And it's all taking place
in a Hollywood facility owned by Boston-based record storage firm Iron
Mountain Inc. (NYSE: IRM).

http://bit.ly/2aDUWfY
http://bit.ly/2aDUWfY+

MTV’s past lives on in one place: the Vault, a library of more than 2
million files dating back to the network’s inception in 1981. The Vault
houses full episodes of *Yo! MTV Raps* and *Total Request Live*, as well as
footage from the red carpets of major awards shows, behind-the-scenes at
music festivals and interviews with major political and cultural figures.

http://bloom.bg/2aM4LHB
http://bloom.bg/2aM4LHB+

--
Peterk