Due to popular demand, the Science Communication Unit at UWE is delighted to announce that our Masterclass in Science Communication will take place again this Autumn.

The Masterclass is an intensive course created to provide professional development in science communication. The Masterclass draws on the existing expertise of the team that delivers UWE's popular and practical MSc in Science Communication.

The Masterclass covers a range of topics including: the historical and social contexts of science communication, scientific literacy and public understanding, publics and engagement, face-to-face, media and online methods of engaging with the public. In addition, students are offered a choice of interactive sessions enabling them to concentrate on particular areas of interest.

The Masterclass has been designed for those with little or no experience in field of science communication and would be suitable for practising scientists wishing to enhance the public engagement element of their research, science graduates interested in science communication – or those seeking a career change, scientists/ teachers of science seeking continuing professional development and people working in Research Councils with a communication element to their role.

How to apply

This Autumn’s Masterclass will be held at At-Bristol during 7-10 November 2016 and will cost £750 per delegate (£600 concessionary rate for students, unemployed and low earners, 10% discount for BIG members and FameLab regional finalists).

If you would like to attend please complete the form on our registration page. Please note that places are limited and tend to book out quickly, so early registration is recommended.

Feedback from a previous student:

Thank you for such an amazing time at the science communication course last week. I had such a brilliant time and met a lot of really great people. It was informative and interactive, and honestly for the first time ever I came away from professional development thinking that what I achieved and what you marketed were one and the same - the course certainly did what it said on the tin!

Further information including a sample course programme and tutor biographies are available from our website or please contact [log in to unmask]  /  [log in to unmask] .

Apologies for cross posting.

Science Communication Unit

Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences

Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences

Coldharbour Lane

University of the West of England

Bristol  BS16 1QY

United Kingdom

t: 01173283919

e: [log in to unmask]

w:  https://go.uwe.ac.uk/SCU

Follow us @SciCommsUWE

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)