Usual apologies for cross pointing but I thought this would be relevant to this group.

Communicate is the UK’s conference for environmental communicators with a huge amount of crossover with science communication and a really strong looking programme this year. There is also a budget option for single sessions which should make it much more accessible to everyone.

Some recent programming updates (hot off the press) include leading brand and communications industry guru Zaid Al-Zaidy (the man behind the Lynx Effect!) and playful interventions innovator Trewin Restorick. Hope you can join us!

_____________________

Communicate 2016: Swapping Spectacles

2 & 3 November, Bristol Zoo Gardens, Bristol

We each see the world through our own lens, pieced together from a unique set of experiences, influences and presuppositions. For those of us working in the environmental sector, surrounding ourselves with like-minded lens wearers, the destructive forces facing the natural world stand out and dominate our view from our own particular angle. But what do these issues look like through a different eyepiece? Maybe it’s time we swap spectacles and take a peek at what other people are seeing and understanding when they look at our stories through altogether different frames. With this insight we can craft more effective interventions for nature.

We invite you to join us for
Communicate 2016: Swapping Spectacles for two days of inspiring content, interactive workshops and engaging discussion in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere that provides fantastic opportunities for networking with fellow environmental communicators.

Register and find out more at www.communicatenow.org.uk

______________________________

______________________________

Matt Postles

Programmes Manager, Bristol Natural History Consortium

2nd Floor, 48 Corn Street, Bristol, BS1 1HQ

T: +44 0117 925 3931

E: [log in to unmask] W: www.bnhc.org.uk

Facebook I Twitter I LinkedIn

Bristol Natural History Consortium is a collaboration between Avon Wildlife Trust, Bath and Northeast Somerset Council, BBC Natural History Unit, Bristol City Council, Bristol Zoo Gardens, Defra, Environment Agency, National Trust, Natural England, RSPB, University of Bristol, University of the West of England, Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust and Wildscreen.

Registered Charity: 1123432

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)