Dear All,

Thanks to all who send me some good ideas/suggestions to my request to expand "GeoStudents for GeoFuture" ideas

http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/08/inviting-ideas-to-expand-geostudents-for-geofuture/

By coincidence last week , i met one of the first students who did internship with me when i established Open Source Geospatial Lab at University of Nottingham . Heshan Du was that time (2010) doing her undergraduate degree here and i applied for a Nuffield Foundation's funding for the internship  . We got the funding from Nuffield and she went on to make us proud by winning Dean of Engineering Awards and later was offered  a fully funded PhD at Nottingham . Details at http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/heshan-du     Heshan is now doing postdoctoral research at Leeds University and will in few months be taking up an academic post at our China campus. I am so happy and proud her achievements. Thank you to Nuffield Foundation to providing these opportunities for many students.

So i am requesting colleagues for information and ideas on other funding opportunities for undergraduate students that you are aware of, so we can start more programs for our labs globally .

I request all of you to be a mentor and encourage your students to be part of NASA Europa Challenge. Your challenge, simply build a great application that serves some aspect of the OpenCitySmart design and uses NASA's open source virtual globe technology, WebWorldWind. By doing this you will advance a platform that allows every city to win! This challenge is open to all on our home planet.

http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/projects2016

Climax in Trento with an expense-paid week for top 5 finalist teams (excluding travel).[1]

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand

http://www.geoforall.org/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/suchith-anand-6447b42

https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=2L29q_QAAAAJ&hl=en

Geo for All - Building and expanding Open Geospatial Science

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoforall/2016-August/003093.html

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.