Dear all,
  FYI. Postdoc position at Charlestown, USA.
                                   Best,
                                  Haiteng

From: Manoach, Dara S.,Ph.D. [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 August 2016 14:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Postdoc position available

Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging and the Psychiatric Neuroimaging Division of the Psychiatry Department at Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA

Project: Multimodal neuroimaging studies of sleep and memory

PI: Dara S. Manoach, Ph.D.

The position will involve investigating the role of sleep in memory consolidation, how these processes go awry in schizophrenia and autism, and the efficacy of pharmacological and other interventions.  Our work has linked cognitive deficits to a specific heritable mechanism (sleep spindles) and we are seeking effective interventions.  In collaboration with Dr. Robert Stickgold’s lab at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, we are extending and expanding this basic and clinical research program using state-of-the art tools including high density EEG (polysomnography), MEG, DTI, functional connectivity MRI, fMRI, and behavioral studies.  We are seeking someone to participate in these foundation and NIMH-funded investigations who is familiar with MEG/EEG methodology and data analysis, comfortable with methodological innovation, and is interested in optimizing and developing analysis streams tailored to the study aims and populations.  New approaches and ideas are encouraged, as are independent projects that dovetail with current studies.  The position requires working closely with the PI, as well as with Dr. Stickgold, other Martinos Center investigators, particularly Dr. Matti Hamalainen, Director of the MEG Core Lab, and lab mates to design studies, acquire data, and develop, explore, improve and apply data analytic techniques. Training in clinical research and in the acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of neuroimaging data will be provided.

Requirements: PhD or MD Experience with MEG/EEG data analysis/methodology and/or other signal processing. Background in cognitive neuroscience, experimental psychology, and an interest in clinical applications are a plus.

Position available immediately.  Interested applicants should email: (a) CV, (b) statement of post-doctoral and career goals, (c) writing sample (e.g., a published manuscript), and (d) letters and/or contact information for three references to Dara Manoach <[log in to unmask]>.  Stipend levels are in line with experience and NIH.  A two-year commitment is required.

Dara S. Manoach, Ph.D.
Psychiatric Neuroimaging and
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Charlestown Navy Yard
149 13th Street, Room 1.111
Charlestown, MA 02129
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: 617-724-6148
fax: 617-726-4078
http://nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/manoachlab

••• I am dictating emails. Please excuse typos, word substitutions and the lack of appropriate capitalization and punctuation. •••

dispose of the e-mail.