Hi Lyndsey,

We have just had a Digital Signage project commissioned  consisting of a twelve  screen video wall commissioned with similar requirements at the Ashmolean. The solution brief included  centralised web based management provision where the content management is devolved to end users. The video wall is divided into zones which can play different content and we also have addition screens which provide whats on information automated from a spreadsheet. We use one 4k Media player split through multiplexers and for the lack of a better term; splitters that eventually feed each row of screens.

There are  a few  of players and management combinations out there and I would suggest visiting sites which run these. Two prominent suppliers for media players that I am aware of are Brightbox and OneLan .  Depending on your requirements, you might find a home brewn solution a more better option. This could be based on simple  Intel HDMI sticks or NUCs  that would drive the screens through a HDMI interface in some manner.

We went with design and onsite training time with our vendor and that has paid off with gaining skillsets and building experience.  One of the other things you might want to look at is providing an on/off interface to override schedules and automate the feed of schedules if required from existing data (eg. outlook calendars).  And ensure a service contract is in place for site visits with warranty.

This  link has a collage of the wall during build days

https://twitter.com/anjaneshbabu/status/709685642930819072

Do feel free to contact me directly if you want more information or  a visit to get  better insight.

Hope this helps - good luck with the project.

Regards

--

anjanesh babu
The Ashmolean Museum  ,University of Oxford