In the latest of our Commentaries, UKeiG has published its thoughts on professional ethics and codes of professional practice in relation to the Investigatory Powers Bill, which - as it stands -conflicts with the Knowledge/Information/Library industry's ethical position in relation to providing and facilitating access to information and knowledge.

The brief overview ends with an open set of recommendations to CILIP, which previously responded to the Draft Investigatory Powers Bill: Joint Select Committee in January 2016. As the Bill approaches debate in the House of Lords, our recommendations focus on the proper response of the profession. Our latest Commentary, “Ethics and the Investigatory Powers Bill”, can be found at: http://www.cilip.org.uk/uk-einformation-group/commentaries/ethics-investigatory-powers-bill
http://tinyurl.com/gm8vvwv

Note: Last week, UKeiG published Charles Oppenheim's commentary on "The Marrakesh Treaty and its Implications". All Commentaries can be found on our website.