Would you like to be involved in UKeiG?

We are looking for new volunteers to help with a wide range of UKeiG activities and in response to all your suggestions (see below) there are lots of things that we would like to be doing for members but we need more help.

If you feel you could offer a bit of time we would love to have you join us. You can get involved in a variety of ways:

 Writing for our website (e.g.Factsheets,) or contributing to eLucidate

• Running our Awards Programme

• Helping with our social media strategy

• Helping develop our webinars

• Helping with our Training Programme and events, especially out of London

Volunteering with UKeiG is a great way of developing your professional networks, and provides a range of CPD opportunities useful for your CV. There are opportunities to join the Committee and gain committee experience (you can attend via Skype) but you do not need to be a committee member to help as long as you are able to give a couple of hours a week.  UKeiG Committee uses a collaborative platform, to share ideas so it’s easy to keep in touch with what’s going on. Contact Val Skelton [log in to unmask] for more information.

And don’t miss our two early September course from Karen Blakeman:

Title: Essential non-Google search tools: 7th September, 9.30-4.30

Karen Blakeman,

Euston House, London

Having problems with Google? Suspect you are not seeing the whole picture? There are times when Google is the worst possible tool for researching a project, and there really are alternative tools and strategies that can give better results. Join this course to find out what they are.

Title: New Google, new challenges: 8th September, 9.30-4.30

Trainer: Karen Brakeman

Euston House, London

Just when you think you've worked out how Google works, it all changes. The whole company restructures, commands disappear, and the way Google searches and displays results is radically altered. Karen somehow manages to keep track of it all, so don't miss your chance to find out how she does it!