Dear all

The University of West London’s Library Services division is currently seeking a part-time Library Purchasing Assistant in our Resources & Technology team to be our principal requisitioner and expert user for the University’s online Parabilis order system.

The post holder will provide administrative purchasing support to the Head of Resources & Technology and Library Services including daily liaison with external suppliers, internal stakeholders and team members whilst maintaining accurate records for the Library’s various non-staffing budgets. The post holder would also undertake basic acquisitions-related tasks, such as receipting books and processing interloan requests, as required.

We welcome computer-literate applicants who have experience of working in a procurement or financial administration role, ideally in a higher education environment (and especially in a library context). They will have an awareness and understanding of budget and/or invoice administration. They will also have a very good eye for detail and proactively prioritise competing demands with minimal supervision. They will be able to demonstrate good communication skills and the flexibility to work within a busy library back-office environment.

The post is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) and based at Ealing.

For more information and to make an application see https://jobs.uwl.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=LIB054.

Thanks

Louise

Louise Penn BA (Hons) MCLIP | Head of Resources & Technology | Library Services

University of West London | St Mary’s Road | W5 5RF

Tel: 0208 231 2328 | Email: [log in to unmask] | LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/louisepenn