From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Saxby, Joanne
Sent: 04 August 2016 16:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Necessity of having a LMS

Hello,

I am looking for a document that spells out, preferably very explicitly, that a 'modern quality library service' would include a library management system. I can spell out the benefits and risks of having/not having one but it would be really useful to have some backup papers from an official source describing good industry practice. I think most of us are so used to using a LMS, and perhaps having to choose a new one (and it's hard to imagine a library without one), but I am hoping to put together a justification for having one at all.

Does anyone know of any descriptions of what modern libraries are expected to provide in terms of such facilities.

Thanks,

Jo

Jo Saxby

College Librarian