Dear all,

There was an error in the information I circulated a few days ago regarding the deadline for applications to the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme. Apologies for this.

The correct information is as follows:
**The Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme will open on 12 October with a closing date of 30 November.**

Italian Studies at University College Dublin is seeking expressions of interest from eligible candidates for applications for PhD and postdoctoral programmes.

I am reposting below the full text of my original post, with the correct dates.

Best wishes,

Selena

***

Dear all,

The Irish Research Council has released an update about its 2016 postgraduate and postdoctoral funding calls (http://www.research.ie/scheme/update-2016-calls).

The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (for PhD funding) will open on 7 September with a closing date of 2 November.

The Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme will open on 12 October with a closing date of 30 November.

We are seeking expressions of interest from eligible candidates interested in carrying out research in the area of Italian Studies at the School of Languages, Cultures, and Linguistics at University College Dublin.

Although the full terms and conditions have not yet been released, generally in the IRC competitions applicants of any nationality and graduates of any university are eligible to apply.

UCD School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures has a vibrant research culture, offering four different MA degrees, in addition to PhD programmes, and is home to the UCD Foundation for Italian Studies. The School was ranked in the top 100 for Modern Languages in the QS 2015 World University Rankings.

If you are interested in applying, please contact the Head of Italian, Dr. Paolo Acquaviva, or the other staff members directly.

Areas of specialization:

Dr. Paolo Acquaviva: Italian and general linguistics; theoretical syntax, morphology, and semantics; the mental lexicon

[log in to unmask]http://www.ucd.ie/research/people/languagescultureslinguistics/drpaoloacquaviva

Dr. Selena Daly: Futurism and the avant-garde in Italy; F.T. Marinetti; Italy and the First World War (historical, cultural, and literary approaches); post-Unification fiction; literary translation;

[log in to unmask]http://www.ucd.ie/research/people/languagescultureslinguistics/drselenadaly/

Dr. Ursula Fanning: 19th- and 20th-century women's writing; feminist theory; autobiographical expressions; Luigi Pirandello;

[log in to unmask]http://www.ucd.ie/research/people/languagescultureslinguistics/drursulafanning/

With best wishes,

Selena Daly, Paolo Acquaviva and Ursula Fanning

--
Dr. Selena Daly,
IRCHSS Post-Doctoral Research Fellow,