Dear Gemmers,

I hope you are well and have been enjoying the summer. We have a few spaces left on our upcoming courses starting in September. I have listed the details below. I have attached the draft programmes so that you can see what the day will consist of. For further information about our programmes please call 020 7942 2195 or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Have a lovely weekend!

[cid:image001.png@01D1F482.3E9B0E50][cid:image002.png@01D1F482.3E9B0E50] [il_570xN.789804913_hoo0.jpg]
Planning and Writing your Interpretation
Thursday 8 - Friday 9 September 2016

This two day course will look at the key questions that need to be addressed when
developing your interpretation strategy. Using the recently refurbished Europe
1600-1800 galleries as a case study, participants will look through the interpretation strategy for these galleries
including the highlights and challenges. The second day of the course will look at key methods to apply when writing gallery
text, including identifying your audience and ensuring your message is clear, taking into consideration narrative, tone, structure
and hierarchies.

 £295,  £240 concessions

https://shop.vam.ac.uk/whatson/index/view/id/2181/event/Planning-and-writing-your-Interpretation/dt/2016-09-08/free/2

[cid:image005.jpg@01D1F482.3E9B0E50][cid:image007.jpg@01D1F482.3E9B0E50]

Handling Museum Objects
Wednesday 28 September 2016
How do you handle delicate objects like glass without damaging them? How do
you move large objects such as furniture without dropping them? Inappropriate or mis-handling is one of the most frequent
causes of damage to museum collections. This one-day workshop, led by V&A conservators and technicians, demonstrates
the best and safest ways to handle objects. The training focuses on different materials and object types, and covers ceramics,
glass, sculpture, textiles, books, metals, and paintings. It addresses display and storagesolutions, the use of support materials, the
risks of lifting, manipulating and moving, and when to request professional help.

£195, £175 concessions

https://shop.vam.ac.uk/whatson/index/view/id/2428/event/Handling-Museum-Objects-/dt/2016-09-28/eType/1/free/2

[cid:image008.jpg@01D19B21.94A25E30][cid:image007.jpg@01D19B21.94A25E30][cid:image009.jpg@01D19B21.94A25E30]

Creating Family Backpacks, Resources & Trails
Tuesday 10 May 2016
10.30-16.30

Join the V&A's family programming team for a detailed insight into the development of
award-winning, self-led resources for family audiences. Learn about designing and developing
backpacks and trails, in-house and with external companies. You will also put learning into practice
and create an idea for your own resource to trial with your peers. Come away knowing how to
define an idea, how to make it happen, the practicalities of managing self-led resources
and how to evaluate them.

£125 / £99 concessions

https://shop.vam.ac.uk/whatson/index/view/id/2119/event/Creating-Family-Backpacks--Resources---Trails/dt/2016-10-04/eType/1/free/2

Clangers, Bagpuss & Co
Until 9 October 2016 at V&A Museum of Childhood
Admission free

Keep in touch
Sign up for V&A e-newsletters vam.ac.uk/content/email/signup<http://vam.ac.uk/content/email/signup/>
Become a fan on Facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum<http://facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum>
Follow us on Twitter.com/V_and_A<http://twitter.com/V_and_A>

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.
All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of The Victoria and Albert Museum or its affiliates.
The Victoria and Albert Museum accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus. Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL, Tel: 0207 942 2000