Thanks for sharing this Eleanor.

I recall someone posting a similarly-themed list a few years ago which I
found a very useful focus for museum visits either side of a course or
conference I was attending in London.

If anyone happens to find themselves with a day to spare when up here in
the NE and looking for suggestions for specific types of sites or
museums to visit, please do post.

Also, if anyone from the freelance group is up our way and wants to get
out and about on a whistlestop tour of specific museums, heritage
centres or historic sites, please get in touch.  Other than the Metro,
we're not so well served with public transport to get to venues but we
could oblige with a lift. A few of us freelancers occasionally get
together at a venue or exhibition and it'd be good to extend that by
meeting, talking and sharing with others.

Regards (from yet another cool, damp and windy northern day).

David