Hi Rosalia,

On 2 August 2016 at 08:48, Rosalia Dacosta Aguayo <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Anderson,
>
> You know me too much. I do not know if this is good ;)
> As you surely have noticed, sometimes my questions are repeated because I
> always have doubts and I need a professional feedback in order to feel more
> secure I am doing things well in order to ensure that when I publish
> something, the results are real and rigurous enough to be replicated.
>
> In this case, I have two options:
>
> 1. I have T1 MPRAGE images. The main of them are in saggital view oders
> not...in axial...with different acquisition parameters and different
> machines....so I finally thought not to conduct a longitudinal analysis but
> a cross-sectional one, in order to minimize changes in time related to
> other events that my variable of interest. I know I have to take into
> account different machines in the GLM but not sure how to do this (I have
> never been in that situation). By the other hand I believe that to ask my
> question: which region of interest is mediating between X and Y...the best
> option is mediation analysis...what not sure how to conduct the design
> here, where I have to define X as independent variable, Y as dependent
> variable, cov to enter all the covariates (age, gender, education and TIV)
> and finally M as the mediator variable...here: the list of betted  in MNI
> space acquisitions. If I am interested to see not only this relations but
> differences in this relations regarding three different groups...this is
> worrying me a lot.

There isn't a stable tool in FSL doing mediation analysis at the moment so
perhaps your best bet is Tor Wager's mediation toolbox. There is a script
in PALM but it's still very experimental and not ready for prime time. I
won't be able to help much here, perhaps others in the list. Same for the
questions below, I leave for others to answer.

All the best,

Anderson