Dear Anderson,
I highly appreciate your quick answer. Kindly I have the following followup questions:

1. Why there's no need to demean age and sex in this case? Demeaning the variables keep confusing me as when to demean and when to not demean? I highly appreciate any input on this.

2. In GLM we have a column named groups (the first column in the model bellow). In GLM (gui) when we save a design ( e.g. design) this will output ( design.con, design.com and design.grp). "Design.grp" can be fed into randomise using the flag "grp".

Kindly, I would like to learn when I must add numbers to the groups column in the model. I mean (1) for group one, (2) for group two and so on .... I guess that when we add in GLM /groups column number (1) to all the groups, then we are dealing with one sample group mean (OSGM). is this correct? So when I must add a number for each group (i.e. 1,2,3 ,.....).

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes, this is all fine.
There's no need to demean age and sex in this case, but doing so won't hurt either.

All the best,

Anderson