From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Charles Leger <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 22:12
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] Talairach to MNI transform

Recently, and following much appreciated input, I used the below call
in FLIRT to calculate a Talairach to MNI transform; the initial step
in transferring a thalamic nucleus mask created in Talairach space to
MNI space

flirt -ref $FSLDIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm_brain -in
colin_tlrc_1x1x1.nii.gz -out higresTal_T12standard -omat
higresTal_T12standard.mat

However, my attempts to apply the transform matrix to the Talairach
mask have resulted in inaccurate results; the coordinate results
differ too widely from known coordinates from Talairach coordinates
either converted to MNI coordinates with tal2icbm_fsl or to Talairach
label coordinates in fslview  MNI space.

I have tried to follow directions outlined on the FLIRT FAQ
http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FLIRT/FAQ#How_do_I_transform_a_mask_with_FLIRT_from_one_space_to_another.3F
but must be making some errors.

Any recommendations on how to apply the transform to the Talairach
space mask would be much appreciated.

Best,
Charles