HI All,

If you ever get a moment to breath currently, I could do with a bit of advice about access arrangements:

It has been suggested that we should apply access arrangements across the board without consideration to the qualification that is being taught.

For example, a student has been assessed and requires 25% extra time and a scribe – uses this in all subjects except maths, maths tutor says it isn’t required and therefore not used. I am told however as it has been assessed as his normal way of working across college, I must supply the support for the students exam. I have always refused up until now, as not nwow in maths.

Moving forward it has been suggested nwow will only be supplied by the students personal learning coach – so will not be subject specific. Hence leaving me with no grounds to decline things. I know it is no longer our role to be involved, but I have always felt quite passionately about students not being disadvantaged or advantaged. Does anyone else do the above at their college and does it work for them? With no problems from inspectors asking for subject specific nwow.

Kind Regards

Christopher Hazlewood

Examinations Manager

T: 01905 725630

Heart of Worcestershire College

wwwlhowcollegelacluk

Worcester I Bromsgrove I Redditch I Malvern

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain confidential or sensitive information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee unless specific authorisation has been given by the sender. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in transmission. Thank you.

Save paper, only print this email if really necessary and think green. Please turn off PC's and lights when not in use.

Don't just standby, Switch Off!

Heart of Worcestershire College EcoCampus Group.