Dear Everyone,

This will be of interest.

best wishes,

Naeema

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Tess Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 25 August 2016 08:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Baalmail] Communication of Rights document - BAAL endorsement

Dear BAAL members

Earlier this year, the Communication of Rights Group (an independent group of 21 academics and professionals) invited BAAL to consider endorsing their document "Guidelines for communicating rights to non-native speakers of English in Australia, England and Wales, and the USA”. The Executive Committee, at our meeting in May, confirmed and minuted a unanimous decision to endorse the document. At the AGM I will propose that the membership (rather than only the EC) endorse the document, and will ask members attending the AGM to vote on that.

Members planning to attend the AGM might therefore wish to read the document in advance of the meeting.  It is currently being hosted by AAAL, and can be viewed here http://www.aaal.org/default.asp?page=CommunicationRights   One of the authors/signatories of the document is BAAL member Frances Rock (Cardiff University); Frances is happy for any specific questions about the document to be directed to her.

BAAL’s endorsement (EC and/or membership) will be added to the other endorsements at the top of the document, and we will post a copy on the BAAL website in due course.

Best wishes, and I look forward to seeing you at Anglia Ruskin next week

Tess

Tess Fitzpatrick

Chair, British Association for Applied Linguistics

"Working for the advancement of education by fostering and promoting the study of language use, language acquisition and language teaching, and by fostering interdisciplinary collaboration in this study

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://disclaimer.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/disclaimer.html

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]