ANNOUNCEMENT: SDS ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING

TUESDAY AUG. 23, 2016

5-6:30PM Eastern Time (EST)

Dear SDS Members,

You must sign up beforehand by AUGUST 18th to attend this meeting. Please click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vPpskQyNm6IPOUJDwTM3raCZyr3DTxrVtvgbFpA_e3I/edit?usp=sharing.

Once you have signed up to be at this virtual meeting (hosted on the same platform as the May 25 Town Hall Meeting), you will receive connection instructions from the SDS office sent to the email address you specify on sign-up. Here is our planed agenda.

*Preliminary Agenda*

Introduction of New & Returning Board Members

Announcement of New SDS Board of Director's Officers (Executive Committee.)

Updates from the SDS President (Brenda Brueggemann):

·         Hyatt hotel debt settlement

·         Going forward....

o    Conference in 2017, etc?

·         Renewing SDS memberships

·         SDS Board Committees and YOU (participating!)

·         Official call for SDS Executive Office/r

Budget Report

SDS Board Treasurer (Phil Smith) and Interim Executive Director, Devva Kasnitz

Report from the Interim Executive Director (Devva Kasnitz)

**Announcement of 2016 Irving K. Zola Award**

DSQ Report

Caucus Reports

Interest Group Reports

We would love to have robust participation at this meeting! Again, please take note of this date!

Deadline to SIGN-UP to attend the Virtual Annual General Membership Meeting:

AUGUST 18 TH.

Devva Kasnitz, PhD

Interim Executive Director

Society for Disability Studies

PO Box #5570

Eureka, CA 95502

Skype:   devva.kasnitz

Please open Chat with Skype.

Text, Voicemail: 510-206-5767

Please use email, chat, text, or voicemail if you are not familiar with my speech impairment.

http://www.disstudies.org/