Dear colleagues,

Greetings from Taipei and please help circulate among your colleagues!

Knowing that the Complexity-Planning listserv is one of the largest groups in the world focused on urban complexity and planning, I am pleased to announce that starting from 2015, the Journal of Urban Management, the only journal focused on urban management and an interdisciplinary and peer-reviewed journal for improving built environment, will be published by Elsevier.  Please visit the official webpage of the Journal at http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-urban-management for details.  We are particularly interested in work on expanding the scope of planning to approach the city through plans, administration, regulation, and governance, or PARG, with a focused theme on managing urban complexity.  In particular, we would like to invite you and your colleagues to submit original manuscripts that address the urbanization issues in China and Taiwan, though we also publish innovative ideas concerning urban development throughout the world.  JUM publishes two issues per year and accepts submissions throughout the year.  I look forward to your contribution.  Attached please find the flyer of the Journal.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Shih-Kung

Shih-Kung Lai

Distinguished Professor (Urban and Regional Planning)

Department of Real Estate and Built Environment

National Taipei University

151, University Road

San Shia District, New Taipei City, 23741

Taiwan

Tel: +886-2-8674-1111 ext. 67417

Fax: +886-2-8671-5308

Honorary President: Chinese Association of Urban Management

Founding Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Urban Management

Recent Books:

Urban Complexity and Planning: Theories and Computer Simulations (Ashgate, 2014)

Behavioral Planning Theory: A New Logic of Urban Planning (China Architecture & Building Press, 2014)