Hi Dong-Hua,
You can use --solvent_mask2 inside relion_refine (where the fact that
the average density inside a full capsid is different from outside
actually matters), but not inside relion_postprocess. In the latter, you
could just provide a single (soft) mask where you mask away both the
outer and the inner region of the virus. You can use
relion_image_handler to subtract, add and multiple maps (i.e. also
masks) together.
HTH,
Sjors

--