Have you worked out where the long axis is with respect to the crystal shape?
As Jacob said, it’s likely to be parallel to the short axis of the crystal, which would mean that it’s almost impossible to mount crystals in normal loops with this axis along the pin.
You’ll want to rotate along this long axis (within 30º) during data collection to prevent overlaps, which may mean mounting crystals in a bent loop, using a kappa goniometer, or what I guess might be the easiest/best, a multi-axis goniometer, like they have at the Swiss Light Source:
(haven’t been there myself unfortunately, and I don’t know if they have these elsewhere)
Even though your native data is apparently ok, it may also get better if you use this strategy.

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
c/Darwin 3