Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Mohamed Noor
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. August 2016 15:00
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] Ion placement

On a similar note, what should I do with water molecules with B-factor > 80 A^2? Should I refine their occupancies as well, or model something else?

I tried to Google why 80 A^2 is used in Coot and Phenix as default values, but I cannot find any reference. Is there any theoretical basis for choosing this value? Is there any link with the Wilson B?

Mohamed