Hi,

This is the second  announcement for this year’s CCP4 NORTHERN PROTEIN STRUCTURE WORKSHOP. Please register soon and no later than Friday the 2nd of September (3 weeks left).

TOPIC:  Structure Solution.

INVITED SPEAKERS: Randy Read (University of Cambridge) and Kevin Cowtan (University of York).

The AIM of the meeting is to foster discussion on many aspects of protein structural work: It provides an ideal opportunity for those early in their scientific career to present and discuss their latest work (including work in progress) at an external scientific meeting. The meeting is run with a friendly, informal atmosphere in mind.

Every year we are grateful to the invited speakers who generously give us their time and share their extensive experience.

VENUEFusehill Campus, University of Cumbria, Carlisle

DATES: 7-9th of September (lunchtime to lunchtime)

COST, including registration, two night’s accommodation and meals on site: FREE for students at UK universities who submit a talk title (talks on ANY TOPIC related to structural biology are welcomed), and the bargain price of £160 for other participants, with thanks to CCP4 and our sponsors for their generous support.

PROGRAMME: Will include a plenary session, during which the invited speakers will focus on structure solution. We will have an update on the CCP4 software suite. The remainder of the programme will be made up of short talks chosen from those submitted by students and postdocs.

POSTER SESSION: We will again hold a poster session; presenting a poster is not intended as an alternative to students submitting a talk title. The intention is to provide an opportunity for those who would like to discuss any aspect of their work in an informal setting, and explore alternative ideas. Often the number of titles submitted for talks exceeds the time available, so the poster session also ensures that everyone can present their work in some form at the meeting. The poster can cover the same work as your oral presentation or be completely unrelated. Posters may have been presented elsewhere.

We hope to secure sponsorship for a prize for best poster and best talk.

SOCIAL PROGRAMME: There will be a free afternoon on Thursday for walking, exploring Carlisle, playing football etc. The Conference dinner will be on Thursday evening

REGISTRATION:

Via: https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/biochemistry/staff/khushwant-sidhu/ccp4

Please note the date, and tell your friends, colleagues, supervisor – this is YOUR meeting!

Attached, an A4 poster: Please forward this to colleagues and display on the appropriate notice boards around your institute

If you would like to be removed from the email list or spot any names you know are no longer in use, please let us know and we will amend the mailing list appropriately.

Best wishes,

Steve

(On behalf of the organizing committee: Arnaud Basle, Steve Prince & Khushwant Sidhu).

--
Dr Arnaud Basle                     X-ray facilities manager
Newcastle Structural Biology Laboratory